Monday, January 15, 2007

New Nikon D80

I've spent some time since the end-of-year holidays playing with, and learning my new camera, a beautiful Nikon D80.

Most people who know me, know that I'm a photographer at heart. Since I lost my previous camera, by stupidly leaving it behind in a airplane in Las Vegas, I was left camera-less.

Fast forward a couple of months and I'm the proud owner of a brand-stinking new Nikon D80 DSLR from B&H Photo.

This is my return to the SLR type, after 30+ years and, although I've been doing digital photography exclusively for some years now, it was not with SLRs but with Prosumer cameras.

The D80, released in Sept 2006, is by far the best and most advanced camera I owned. Coupled with some decent lenses (currently just entry-level glass, until I can afford the really good ones), this is an awesome machine.

For starters, I purchased an low-end 70-300 zoom, a fixed-focal length Nikon 50mm 1.8, a wonderfrul crisp lens and just bought from a fellow photographer a used but mint-condition 18-55mm to fill the wide angle range.

I started taking some nice photographs, posted to my site, and trying to leanr this new beast.

Here are some samples.

Sanderling



Winter in Miami



I will be posting some more photos soon. Any comments, positive or negative on these photos are welcome. I am always trying to improve my style.

Enjoy!

[Update] Resized to acommodate smaller resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment