Sunday, October 07, 2012

2012 Proposed Amendments to the State of Florida Constitution–Part III

 

To finish my series on the 2012 Proposed Amendments to the State of Florida Constitution, (see Part I here and Part II here), I independently said No to most of them, then The Miami Herald published their editorial opinion and it came with a resounding NO for all of them.

Their reasoning, and I have to agree is “Don’t tinker with Constitution to limit or exempt taxes and revenue” and also says “The essential criterion for constitutional change should be urgent, demonstrated need, which is not the case for measures on the 2012 ballot.”

I wholeheartedly agree on both counts. Coupled with the very right wing and partisan legislature in Tallahassee, there is no point in falling for their schemes. Say no to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment