Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The 47 Most Miserable Airports (USA)

U.S. News & World Report has compiled a list of the worst US airports on mayor cities on a variety of issues, including delayed flights and crowded planes.

Chicago's O'Hare (KORD) does not top the list, coming in second. The worst offender is Detroit Metro-Wayne County (KTDW).

My local two airports Miami (KMIA) and Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL) come in too high on the undesirable list too. Miami especially is always crowded, airplanes are full and it is one of the ugliest, most inhospitable of the major airports I've been to. I am pleased to see that my two favorites (and I have traveled quite a bit), Seattle (KSEA) and Washington National (KDCA) are fairly low, which is good.

I guess Detroit must be bad (never been to it) but if the list was made international, London's Heathrow (EGLL) would take the cake.

(Via Cynical-C)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM EDT

    My wife's family lives in Ft Lau so I come in through Miami a few times a year. (She works for American Airlines so it's tricky for us to get a flight from Boston to Ft Lau). The thing that kills me about Miami is after you stand in line to get your boarding pass and check in your luggage, you then have to stand in another line to give the luggage to the handlers. I'm not a huge Logan fan but at least they kill two birds with one stone on that one by taking the luggage when you check it.

    The only other complaint I have about Miami is that I end up walking 3 days to get to the gate as I get jostled by people who think they can walk through me.

    ReplyDelete