Monday, February 26, 2007

Photo of the Day

Our County Fire Department had a Sunday show in a park near my house. I went in early while they where setting up. Very friendly firemen showed me everything explaining along the way. I took a photo of the crew of one truck and promised to email it to them when a brand new, one-of-a-kind fireboat pulls in (the park is on the water edge).

The fire crew tells the boat crew, "Alex here is a photographer, would you like boat's photos?" "Sure!" they say.

They invited me on the boat for some shooting. Gave me an intro, explaining they just received the boat 3 weeks ago, brand new. It's the first of its kind we get and two more are coming. Then the captain says, "we are taking it out for a little ride, would you care to come along?" "Hell yes!"

We rode out onto Biscayne Bay, and I'm shooting all the time, when they stopped in the middle to do a demo of the many water spigots used to combat fire. They can put out 8,000 gallons per minute, all pumped in from the bay!

Anyway, so much for the speech, here's the Photo of the Day, the rest are at my gallery.


Fire Fighting boat - Biscayne Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment