Friday, May 29, 2009

My last day at work

Today is my last day at Visa.

May of you know I worked as a software developer for Visa for 11+ years (since late 1997).

Due to company reorganization, after the IPO last year, and the joining of separate regions into one global company, positions were eliminated. We (my team and I) knew this was bound to happen for some time. In late January we were informed we would start a process of transitioning of information to the teams that would support our apps in the future, and that we would stay only for the few months this process would take. Finally, today is my last day. Many of us are leaving, with no regrets, for it is a great company to work for, and we were given an adequate exit package.

Still, it is sad to let go, and to discontinue day-to-day friendships cultivated for over a decade. It is a sad day, but I look at it as an opportunity.

I will take a little time off to rest, then will start the search for a new job afresh.

If any of you out there knows of somebody in need for a seasoned Web and desktop developer, with experience in SQL-Server and Fox Databases, with C# and N-Tier web development knowledge, and of course a ton of past experience in VFP, please email me. My LinkedIn profile is here.

In the meantime, I'm still here, taking a well-deserved short vacation and honing my photography hobby skills.

See you out there.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, Alex. However, I believe talented, hard-working people are never out of work for long, regardless of the economy. Good luck and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your company has let you go. Layoffs stink. AIG let me go many years ago. Rick S. no longer works for GM and look what happened to them! You had a great run there, and I'm sure you'll be an asset to your next employer. Best of luck landing the next position!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the others, sorry to hear it, Alex. I know you'll land on your feet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suerte en tu futuro Alex !

    ReplyDelete
  5. J Koziol3:06 AM EDT

    Welcome to my world, Alex. It's rough out there. Contact me.

    ReplyDelete