Monday, January 12, 2009

ISEXP : error -6264: A record in the Property table is using string ID 'ID_STRING1' for column 'Value' but this string is blank...

I have not used InstallShield Express in a long while. I was asked to prepare a utility at work to send to one of our clients. This was done in VFP (just one stand-alone screen with a few procedures).

I fired-up IS-Express, which I had not used in over a year as I've been doing mostly ASP.NET work, and the Build process came up with this error.

I filled all the empty lines I could find but could not find STRING1.

A Google search for the error pointed to a blog entry by Juan Calcagno, a fellow VFP developer. I did the Export to TXT function as he explained and followed the first commentator's post.

Then got another error:
"Internal Error 2855, SetupType, RadioGroup"

This one I solved from another google search to the InstallSite Forum.

Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment