Saturday, July 14, 2007

Church of England Bishop said pro-gay laws were to blame for the floods

Now we know. Start building you ark.

One diocesan bishop has even claimed that laws that have undermined marriage, including the introduction of pro-gay legislation, have provoked God to act by sending the storms that have left thousands of people homeless.

While those who have been affected by the storms are innocent victims, the bishops argue controversially that the flooding is a result of Western civilisation's decision to ignore biblical teaching.

From Telegraph.co.uk

Christians continue to make great strides towards stupidity.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,
    I too shake my head at comments like these. The only point I make is, that as a Christian myself, I'm disappointed to be lumped into the same group as these clowns.
    Sadly, there are a very vocal minority (I hope they aren't the majority :-) that are coming out with this stuff. I used to think it was just a select group in America, but now I see these kinds of comments coming out in other countries.
    Luckily, down under we are still pretty much immune from these ramblings, but it is only a matter of time I guess.
    The church (as opposed to Christ himself) has much to answer for. As a member of the church I guess I accept part of the responsibility for the messages that come out. Like any organisation there is good and bad. But gee I wish there was more coverage of the great things being done.
    Love your blog, and I do like reading these kinds of posts too.
    Cheers,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete