Thursday, June 15, 2006

Adventures at Tech-Ed

The conference is going well, albeit with a few minor problems, such as a bus strike, which luckily has not affected me or anybody much as they brought more drivers from out of state, plus a minor fire I read about as I did not see it. There is more police presence everywere as there are about 12,000 attendees in town for this event.

The conference is going well. It is a major feat of logistics to be able to move, teach and feed this many people. Kudos to Microsoft and all the organizers.

One very nice touch was the placement of widescreen flat-TVs along many walls of the Convention Center tuned to ESPN2 and showing the World Cup games live. They even provided chairs so there are lots of fans congregating in front of the TVs for every game. Makes the event very lively as you can be almost guaranteed to have fans of almost every team in attendance. Even if you are not watching the games, the shout for every GOAAL!! (and miss) is heard across the center! Well done!

1 comment:

  1. Alex,

    I'm sorry I missed you at TechEd. I was harrasing the Microsofties about VFP at every opportunity.

    You can find my experiences chronicled on my blog: http://netcave.org

    Cheers,

    ++Alan

    ReplyDelete