Friday, June 25, 2010

Photo of the Day


Royal Tern

My system is back on working order. Had a 3-year old GeForce GTX 8800 graphics board quit on me. Have coasted for a week with barely some low-res graphics, and the second monitor off. The new GeForce GTX 480 replacement is not cheap but a wonderful addition. Took longer to get because after overnight delivery, I found they had changed the pin configuration on the power cables from two 6-pin cables to one 6 and one 8-pin. I had not noticed this discrepancy in the specs, as I had only paid attention during my research to graphics compatibility (SLI and slot issues) and that the power supply I have was sufficient (these boards are power hogs). The current power supply only provides 6-pin cables so I had to find a cable converter, then wait a few days for the brown truck to arrive.

Back in working order. Now I can start processing my backlog of photos with this one today as the start.

One advantage to all this is that come winter I will not need a heater. This card comes with one for the same price!

No comments:

Post a Comment