Sunday, October 23, 2011

Showcasing my new Nikon 24mm PC-E lens!

As you know, I am back in Miami, but still posting some of the (many) shots from London. Here is something more recent, (from yesterday).

I finally gave in and bought a lens I always wanted, the Nikon 24mm PC-E (perspective correction - Tilt-Shift lens).

This is what I wanted to do and the shot I had in mind when I bought the lens:


Scottish Rite Masonic Temple - Miami
D700 - 24mm PC-E

Compare with this one, shot back in March which is the best I could do at the time. I was never happy with it due to the distortion.


D700 - 24-70mm

Same camera, same position, same focal distance (24mm), but being able to shift the lens up, changing the focal point, without having to point the camera up, therefore changing the angle from the sensor (or film) with respect to the plane of the building, eliminates the distortion (converging lines), maintaining them more or less parallel.

No comments:

Post a Comment