Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rescued Baby Hummingbird Fed in Hand by Mother

This is an old one I found. I’ll let them tell the story:

An amazing story about a baby hummingbird that was found on a sidewalk.  He couldn't fly, so I took him under my wing.  At night, he would come home to our house for safety.  During the day, he was in the backyard of the house near where I found him.  About 4 days after I found him, I was holding him in my cupped hands when his mama came by to feed him.  She had seen me around, I guess, because she just flew over, perched on my hand and then fed him.  This happened a number of times, so I called a friend who is good with a video camera, and he came over to film some of the amazing goings on that I told him about."

There's more to this story, but that's enough info to give you some context for the video we posted to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment