Thursday, April 04, 2013

RIP Rogert Ebert (1942–2013)

ebert

Sad to learn Roger Ebert has passed away at the age of 70. A recurrence of his cancer did him in.

He was one of the good guys. An exceptional movie critic and an activist.

20+ years ago, before the internet was widespread I caught the tail end of a late-night quirky and weird TV movie. I liked it and wanted to find more about it, so I could rent it and watch the whole thing. Unfortunately I had very little clue of what it was about and did not even know the name.


Next morning I emailed Roger Ebert who I knew from their TV show, Siskel & Ebert.


I introduced myself and explained then told him in a paragraph what little I had seen of the movie (I described a scene) . He answered me back the same day!

The movie was "Amazon Women on the Moon". Thank you Roger for your gracious and unexpected fast response!

No comments:

Post a Comment