Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some kids do get it

 

I received the following email this week:MiamiSeaquarium_AF_Dolphin

Hello.  I am a 10th grade student at (name removed) High School, and am currently enrolled in a web site design class.  For our final project, we have been divided into groups and our groups are constructing a web site.  My group is focusing on Miami, Florida.  We are making a tourist guide.  We've split up the work so that everyone does two pages, and one of my pages is on the Miami Seaquarium.  I need a few pictures, and yours are by far the best I've seen; however, I wouldn't want to use them without your permission.  So, may I use some of your pictures? Please?

MiamiSeaquarium_AF_Orca

Seems they found my photo gallery through some search engine. It is heartening that some kids are learning the proper ways of doing things. Surely the teacher prodded them to obtain licensing and permissions, not only to teach them about plagiarism and copyright issues but also to cover the school’s butt. In any case, I’m very pleased that some get it right.

I answer that it would be my pleasure to offer two pictures for the project, as long as the copyright is kept and it is only used for this project. She picked the two pictures you see here. I love a happy story.

No comments:

Post a Comment