Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Happy to be witnessing a historic moment!

I am very proud and fortunate to be witnessing an important moment in American history.

As a student of history, I am thrilled to be living when the first Black American, Barack Obama, today won the nomination for President of the United States.

Whether you are Democrat, Republican or Independent, whether you like Obama or not, it is a thrill to be witnessing this moment in history; a moment that will never repeat itself. There can be only one first time, and we are here to see how much we have advanced, at last.

Congratulations!

2 comments:

  1. Boy, wasn't that speech something? That man can communicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed!

    OTOH I can't, as my grammar in that post wasn't the greatest, but OK for the spur of the moment I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete